The city of Pensee is where the game takes place.
Pensee is considered to be a big city, despite how the rest of the country is. Pensee acts as a hub for anyone who wishes to investigate the various kind of ruins and other wilderness areas that dot the countryside. Much of Pensee's industry is dedicated to supporting these efforts.
When out in town, locations may flash, signifying people who want to talk to Recette.
see Main Article: Recettear
- The item store operated by our brave protagonists and the core of the game.
Recettear is the converted item shop/house of the main protagonist Recette Lemongrass, who entered the merchant trade due to outstanding debts from her father. Together with Tear, a financial advisor fairy, they operate and run Recettear, buying and selling goods of all kinds from food to weapons to armor and more to the citizens of Pensee.
see Main Article: Merchant's Guild
- The guildhall for all Pensean merchants.
- You can purchase goods at wholesale prices here, as well as get a lot of advice from the guildmaster!
The Merchant's Guild is operated by the Guildmaster, who sells goods at a wholesale price to Recette and Tear - this means goods are sold cheaper than base price, allowing Recette to make a profit by reselling goods at a higher value. More items will be unlocked the higher Recette's Merchant Level is.
Reselling items back to the Merchant's Guild will not earn much money for Recette - it is far better to resell items at her own shop.
The Merchant's Guild is open at all times.
- The center of town, and well loved by the residents.
- Many less successful or idle adventurers also spend a lot of time here.
The Town Square is where events generally take place. They may happen from morning to night. Many new faces are met at the Town Square, including the town's local scammer, Euria.
see Main Article: Market
- The market is an ideal place to pick up food and assorted knickknacks.
- The market owners have a deal with the Merchant's Guild - guild members can buy items at cost.
- They close at night.
The Market is where items not sold in the Merchant's Guild such as accessories and food can be found. Like goods in the Merchant's Guild, items are brought at a wholesale price to Recette and Tear, who profit by reselling goods in the item shop Recettear. More items will be unlocked the higher Recette's Merchant Level is.
Reselling items back to the Market will not earn much money for Recette - it is far better to resell items at her own shop.
The Market is not open at night time.
- Pensee's biggest watering hole!
- You can often find a lot of adventurers here.
- Only open in the evenings and at night.
The Pub is where events generally take place. Certain adventurers may gather here in the evening and at night. It is used for key events which allows certain characters such as Elan to be unlocked.
The Pub is only open in the evening and night time.
- The house of Heaven, and the place where the faithful go to have their souls tended to.
- The chapel closes at night.
The Chapel is where events generally take place. Certain adventurers may gather here in the daytime and evening.
The Chapel is not open at night.
See Main Article: Adventurer's Guild
- Here you can hire an adventurer and head to the dungeons in search of a fortune!
- They're closed at night, and keep track of the time - going to a dungeon is time-consuming!
- It's also closed every seventh day.
The Adventurer's Guild is where adventurers who are registered with the guild can be hired at expense to go into the dungeons with their patrons. An adventurer's symbol of membership with the guild is an Adventurer's Guild Card, which doubles as their business card - if Recette receives a business card from an adventurer registered with the guild, she is able to hire them.
The Hall of Trials is the Adventurer's Guild's testing grounds for potential adventurers who wish to join the guild.
The Adventurer's Guild allows passage to six dungeons, with only the first being unlocked from the start:
The Adventurer's Guild is not open at night. In addition, they are closed on each seventh day (the far right number before a 'Sunday' on the calendar), starting from the 4th.
Entering the Adventurer's Guild directly from Recettear and going back without entering a dungeon will not use up a Time slice.