|Event: Meet Louie|
|Participants||Recette, Tear and Louie|
|Location||Adventures Guild||Anytime except Night|
|Part of Chain?||Yes, 1+2/2|
How to unlock
- Automatically on the Morning of Day 2, after you either
- complete the Tutorial (Day 1)
- woke up from a "dreamed" failed loop
- started a New Game+
- '/' separates the text like in the game if cutting a sentence.
- Visuals are the images which sometimes show up next to a characters head when expressing certain emotions, such as sighing, surprise, etc...
Part 1: Explaining Adventure Guild
Part 2: Meeting Louie
- Say, what's this place?
- This is the "Adventurer's Guild".
The Guild manages expeditions to the various untamed wilderness / areas or abandoned ruins near the city - / the areas commonly referred to as "dungeons".
Without approval, adventures cannot visit the dungeons.
- Aw, nuts, so we can't just go into a dungeon 'n pick up everything / we see? If we could do that, we could sell everything we / get at 100% profit...
- It is still a very good idea - a great many people have made fortunes / that way. If you wish to do so, however, we must first hire an adventurer.
- Hire? Can I just pick anybody?
- The truth of the matter is a bit more complicated.
Even if you pay them, few adventurers are willing to risk their lives / simply for the benefit of a complete stranger.
- Ooooh. So they turn away people they don't know very well?
- Indeed. You should first get to know a few adventurers, and / build up a certain level of trust with them.
If all goes well, they will give you a symbol of their guild membership - / this usually takes the form of a card.
With that in hand, we can bring an adventurer with us.
- So it's like they're inviting us to a dinner party!
Tear, annoyed [her 'sigh'-Face]
- Well, dinner parties usually do not include blood-mad beasts / attempting to rip you limb from limb...
[Back to neutral face]But the analogy does work. Somewhat.
- Right. So first, I must need to meet an adventurer... hmm...
- Which, for us, should not be that difficult, yes?
After all, we run an item shop, so we should get a few coming in as / clients on a fairly regular basis.
- Oh yeah!
Well then, I'll do my best to get a dinner invitation!
- ... Indeed. Just be sure that "Recette" is not on the menu.
Recette, noticing something [notice visuals], then switching back to neutral
- ... Huh?
- Is something wrong?
- Well, that guy, over there...
The screen fades slowly to black...
We see an angry ?? (Louie) facing right, having a loud conversation with someone off-screen
If I can't work, I can't get the money!
And if I can't get the MONEY, I can't get the ITEMS!
And if I can't get the items, apparently I can't WORK! AGH!
Heaven, if I had a few things I could at least visit the Hall of Trials...
The screen fades away, back to Recette and Tear (which have switched sides, both looking to the right)
- I wonder what's going on?
- He seems to be a rookie adventurer complaining about his inability / to complete the required quild test...
- Well, the guild hardly allows anyone in off the street.
You can only work officially for the guild after passing a test.
An item shop owner is hardly the only job with challenges...
Tear, notice visuals
- ... Hmm! I have an idea...
- I do believe we have found our first adventurer.
Tear goes off to the right
- Wait, what do you mean by - uh, Tear! Wait!
Recette follows, then the screen fades out and we see Louie again
??, worried with a sad touch
- Son of a...
I burned what cash I had just getting to this city...
If I can't get into the guild, I dunno what I'll even do for dinner money...
... now I'm hungry. Great.
Recette and Tear come from the left
- Pardon me a moment! You there, adventurer with the seedy look.
??, notice visuals, followed by an annoyed face
- ... Who you callin' "seedy"?
Louie turns around, facing the two
[looks a bit, then switches to neutral face. Next comes auto.]
Er... uh, well... you two would be?...
- We are a pair of merchants who happened to be passing.
- Merchants? Oh... you heard me talking.
Sorry, but I'm way too broke - and seedy - to buy anything.
- Believe me. I could tell by your seedy nature that attempting to sell you / anything would be a colossal waste of time.
Recette, showing a big "ehhh..."-Tear and setting up a cheerful smile with closed eyes
- C'mon, Tear, stop with the "seedy" already. He isn't a plant...
[Opens Eyes (switches to happy)]
- So are you two going to prune me, or what, here?
- Would you like it if we came with you to the Hall of Trials?
If you require equipment or items, we can provide them.
- I'd call you a pair of angels, then, but...why?
Tear, starting to smile (since money is in the game)
- Business, naturally.
We help you pass the trial, you provide us with your card.
- Oh, I get it!
We help Mr. Swordsman clear the dungeon / and then he gives us his card, a sign of our eternal friendship!
Tear, back to neutral
- "Eternal friendship" is rather irrelevant in this case, /
and back again to smilingbut it does work out neatly for all of us. What do you say?
- I see... you guys are pretty new at all of this too, huh?
- Our offer, "Mr. Swordsman". Yes or no?
[Smiles]All right then! Heck, I got nothin' to lose!
Well, aside from my precious life, anyway...
Recette, again Cheerful (closed eyes)
- Glad to meet you two, uh...
- I'm Recette! Nice to meet you!
- I am Tear.
Louie, also cheerful smiling
- Call me Louie. Louie the swordsman! Good to meetcha!
- Yes, yes.
Now then. We will begin all of the preparations for a dungeon visit, / including a visit to the central market to pick up / food and other restorative items.
We will then return here for you when we are ready.
- Right! I'll be waiting here!
All go out on their sides, fading out and end of Event